We’re doing it. We’re stepping out on faith. We’re awarding more scholarships. We could use your help. We need mentors for our scholars. Would you help us? Please review this information and feel free to share it with others.
If you would like to be a Mission of Hope Mentor, please call Diane Webster at the MOH for details.Thanks for your friendship and for helping us extend The HOPE with scholarships and mentors.
Emmette Thompson – Executive Director, Mission of Hope
Mission Of Hope Scholarship Program – Mentoring Guidelines & Information
Who Can Become A Mission Of Hope Individual Mentor?
Any individual who wants to invest time assisting a MOH Scholar by encouragement
and guidance through their college career.
- Must be 21 years or older.
To Become A Mission Of Hope Individual Mentor, You Must…
Contact the Mission of Hope office by July 1.
- Sign and return to the MOH office “Guidelines for Mentoring” by July 15.
- Attend Scholars Dinner in late July.
- Contact Scholars the minimum of once a month.
- Send occasional cards and small gifts (recommended but not necessary) to let them know you are thinking of them.
- Encourage Scholars to reach their potential.
- Keep the Mission of Hope informed of when you contact your Scholars and of
any updates or needs they may have.
- Be diligent and persistent in reaching your Scholar.
- Remind Scholars of any deadlines or meetings (such as sending in transcripts).
- Be patient and loving, share personal experiences to help them through the transition to College life.