We have now been privileged to award 15 new scholarships and we were able to give each winner their scholarship, shake their hand, and wish them all the success in the world. And now we want to have a Mission of Hope Mentor Friend for each new scholarship student. We also want to thank each of our current Mission of Hope mentors for deeming this special task worthy. We only need 3 more mentor volunteers to have our new scholars covered.
Please review the brief MOH Mentor Information Criteria that is listed below, and if you would like to participate in this special way, please call Diane Webster at the MOH Office: 865-584-7571 and or e-mail her at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your friendship & support and for all you do to help us extend The HOPE.
Emmette Thompson, Executive Director – Mission of Hope
Mission of Hope Scholarship Program – Mentor Criteria Information
Who can become a Mission of Hope Mentor?
- Any individual who wants to invest time assisting a MOH Scholar by encouragement and guidance through their college career.
- Must be 21 years or older.
To become a Mission of Hope Mentor, you must…
- Contact the Mission of Hope office by July 1.
- Sign and return to the MOH office “Guidelines for Mentoring” by July 15.
- Attend Scholars Dinner in late July.
- Contact Scholars the minimum of once a month.
- Send occasional cards and small gifts (recommended but not necessary) to let them know you are thinking of them.
- Encourage Scholars to reach their potential.
- Keep the Mission of Hope informed of when you contact your Scholars and of any updates or needs they may have.
- Be diligent and persistent in reaching your Scholar.
- Remind Scholars of any deadlines or meetings (such as sending in transcripts).
- Be patient and loving, share personal experiences to help them through the transition to College life.
WHAT IF YOU HELPED SOMEONE GRADUATE & FUFILL THEIR DREAM? WOW!